Last year, both Purdue and Northwestern had banner years. Purdue, despite an 0-3 start, had some big wins against Ohio State and Iowa, while Northwestern quietly won the B1G West with ease and played in the title game in Indy. This year, both teams enter this match up banged up and having had less than stellar seasons. Northwestern has already been eliminated from playing in a bowl game, and Purdue has zero room for error if they want to play in December.
So yeah, it should be a fun one in Evanston...
- Opponent: Northwestern Wildcats
- Current Record: 1-7, 0-6 Big Ten
- Stadium: Ryan Field; Natural Grass; Capacity of 47,130
- Tickets: Starting at $9 on StubHub, Starting at $5 on SeatGeek (fees included)
- TV and Kickoff: BTN, 12:00 PM EDT
- Online Streaming: Watch FOX Sports
- Satellite Radio: Sirius XM Channel 84
- Odds: Purdue 1.5 point favorite
- All-Time Series: Purdue leads series 50-32-1
- SB Nation Blog Representation: Inside NU
- Weather Forecast: High around 40 and partly cloudy
- 2018 Northwestern Record: 9-5, 8-2 Big Ten
- 2018 Northwestern Postseason: Lost to Ohio State 45-24 in Big Ten Championship, Beat Utah 31-20 in the Holiday Bowl
- Northwestern Head Coach: Pat Fitzgerald (97-77 at Northwestern, same overall CFB record)