So yeah, Saturday sucked.
Some people are being super pessimistic and writing off the whole season, and are even thinking next season will suck, and that you’re dumb for thinking anything positive after a loss to Illinois.
Some are being overly optimistic and seeing all of this as just building blocks for winning the national title next year, and that you’re dumb for thinking anything negative after a loss to Illinois.
So of course, both sides are fighting.
And then there’s me...sitting in between...annoyed at both:
Will Saturday suck again? Probably.
Would a loss mean the end of the world? Probably not.
Does the build up of a young team now mean we’ll have automatic success next year? Probably not.
Should we all just drink a little, watch a game on Saturday, and just relax a bit? Yes, yes, and yes.
We survived the Hazell years. We can survive this...I hope.
- Opponent: Nebraska Cornhuskers
- Current Record: 4-4, 2-3 Big Ten
- Stadium: Ross-Ade Stadium; Natural Grass; Capacity of 57,236
- Tickets: Starting at $15 on StubHub, Starting at $18 on SeatGeek (fees included)
- TV and Kickoff: FOX, 12:00 PM EDT
- Online Streaming: Watch FOX Sports
- Satellite Radio: Sirius XM Channel 84
- Odds: Nebraska 2.5 point favorite
- All-Time Series: Nebraska leads series 4-3
- SB Nation Blog Representation: Corn Nation
- Weather Forecast: High around 40 and partly cloudy
- 2018 Nebraska Record: 4-8, 3-8 Big Ten
- 2018 Nebraska Postseason: None
- Nebraska Head Coach: Scott Frost (8-12 at Nebraska, 27-19 overall CFB record)