It’s that time of year where we reflect on what we’re thankful for and rather than giving the endless overall list, I’ll say what I’m thankful for in the sports world.
- I am thankful for Purdue University, who has provided me with a fine opportunity for education as well as an athletic department that provided me with a subject to write and speak about, opportunities to see blossoming athletes in top-notch competition, and opportunities to travel far and wide to experience sports both foreign and domestically.
- I am thankful for the aforementioned athletes, who dedicate the bulk of time and resources into further bettering themselves while providing a means of entertainment for fans.
- I am thankful for the coaches of the athletes, who dedicated their careers and lives to help younger generations become the best versions of themselves.
- I am thankful to the parents of the athletes, whom without their endless love and support, we would not have dedicated athletes to see and root for.
- I am thankful for my own parents and family, who allowed me to not only play sports, but encouraged and supported me with nothing but love. Following my playing career, they continued to support me as I transitioned into a media-focused role.
- I am thankful for all of my co-writers at Hammer and Rails, as we have come together to provide quality content over a common love of sports while backing each other through and through.
- Lastly, I am thankful for you, the fellow fans of sports, who provide a community of people in which I fit in and love to be a part of with all of my heart. You, the readers, listeners, commentators, and fanatics, provide us with a means to express our thoughts and feelings on what we love, and I am ever grateful.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Boiler Up!