After taking a nice break on Labor Day the Hammer and Rails podcast is back in your ears this lovely Tuesday. We start out by talking about the Indiana uniform fiasco. If you don’t know what I’m talking about here I’m including it below for everyone to enjoy.
For the record, I went to Purdue. pic.twitter.com/jU79hRVqhB— Megan Gailey (@megangailey) September 4, 2021
Yes that’s real.
After moving past the fun stuff we get into the meat of the episode (6:00) and we discuss the Oregon State game. We talk about standout plays, standout players, and we ask important questions.
- Is this offense good or was Oregon State bad?
- Can the offensive line improve when they face a much tougher defensive line?
- Is David Bell even better this year?
- What do we think of Brohm’s play calling including the option pitch and the fake punt?
- Did Plummer play well enough for us to forget about AOC?
- We also discuss the special teams specifically the place kicking and the punting.
Looking ahead (26:00) to the game against UConn we discuss what they’ve done so far this season. They sit at 0-2 on the season. Are they going to be worst team that Purdue faces this season (I’ll save you time and say yes).
Please note we recorded this when it was announced that UConn head coach Randy Edsall was retiring at the end of the season. That has of course changed since then but we didn’t know that at the time.
Finally, we are turning the recommendation into the Ted Lasso corner (35:00). Spoilers if you aren’t caught up.
Make sure to rate, review, and Hammer that subscribe button! We’ll be back at it later in the week to discuss predictions for UConn.