Changing things up in an interview with a former Big Ten walk-on turned scholarship player, Big Ten Champion, and former Michigan/Ohio State point guard, Andrew Dakich! Andrew’s story is a great one going from a walk-on at Michigan to begin his career, to a key part of Ohio State’s 2017-18 squad that finished second in the Big Ten. Once again a huge thank you to Andrew for taking the time to chat about his experiences in the Big Ten landscape and to our fearless leader T-Mill for allowing me to share this with you guys!
You can watch the full interview using the link below and scroll down for a brief outline of the conversation:
During the interview, Andrew and I discussed:
- His trip to celebrate friend Duncan Robinson signing a massive deal with the Miami Heat
- How he ended up at Michigan and his experiences during his 4 years with the Wolverines
- Playing under both John Beilein and Chris Holtmann during his time in the Big Ten.
- His relationship with his father Dan Dakich, and some hilarious stories growing up.
- Getting ripped by his dad on national television during a game against Gonzaga.
- Earning a scholarship after 3 years as a walk-on.
- The insane amount of talent he played against the in the Big Ten.
- Transferring to Michigan’s rival Ohio State, and finally getting an opportunity to contribute during his fifth year.
- The culture of Indiana high school basketball
- The best atmospheres he ever experienced in college basketball and why both Indiana and Purdue top that list.
- And much more!