An all-time Big Ten basketball legend, Ohio State All-American & Big Ten Champion, Deshaun Thomas joined me all the way from Tokyo, Japan! Deshaun is actually teaming up with former Boilermakers Rapheal Davis and Lewis Jackson to host a “Summer League Camp” in Fort Wayne this June! Along with that, we talked about his memories at Ohio State, their Final Four run in 2011-12 and much more. Thank you again to Deshaun for taking the time to do this and to our fearless leader T-Mill for allowing me to share this with everyone!
You can watch the full interview using the link below and scroll down for an outline of the conversation:
During the interview, Deshaun and I discussed:
- How he is handling Covid-19 after testing positive for the virus.
- What the cultural differences are between the United States and Japan.
- What it is really like to be a professional athlete overseas and adjusting to how the game is played over there.
- How things came together to team up with Rapheal Davis to put on a month long clinic in Fort Wayne.
- His thoughts on what Rapheal is building over the last several months.
- What it means to him to give back to the Indiana community.
- The success himself and the program had while he was at Ohio State.
- All of the studs he played with such as Jared Sullinger and Aaron Craft.
- Being apart of the two headed monster his sophomore season with Sullinger, while having other great players such as Jon Diebler and William Buford on the team.
- Reflecting back on their Final Four run in 2011-12 and how special that season was.
- Who his toughest opponent was in the Big Ten.
- Just how hard the Big Ten is and the players who come through the conference year-in and year-out.
- The impact Coach Thad Matta had on him both on and off the court.