Points Per Game: 23.6 (98th of 130)
Points Allowed Per Game: 15.4 (12th of 130)
Strength of Schedule: 33rd
- Jack Plummer - 82 of 118, 69%, 840 yards, 7.1 Yards Per Attempt, 7 Touchdowns, 0 Interceptions
- Aidan O’Connell - 66 of 100, 66%, 743 Yards, 7.4 Yards Per Attempt, 4 Touchdowns, 5 Interceptions
- King Doerue - 48 Carries, 221 Yards, 4.6 YPC, 1 TD
- Dylan Downing - 34 Carries, 130 Yards, 3.8 YPC, 0 TDS
- Zander Horvath - 23 Carries, 89 Yards, 1 TD
- David Bell - 27 Catches, 439 Yards, 3 TDS, 16.3 YPC
- Milton Wright - 18 Catches, 217 Yards, 2 TDS, 12.1 YPC
- Payne Durham - 18 Catches, 203 Yards, 3 TDS, 11.6 YPC
- Jackson Anthrop - 20 Catches, 178 Yards, 8.9 YPC
- Broc Thompson - 10 Catches, 113 Yards, 11.3 YPC
- TJ Sheffield - 10 Catches, 74 Yards, 2 Touchdowns, 7.4 YPC
- Marvin Grant Jr. - 28 Tackles
- Jaylan Alexander - 27 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 Sack
- Cam Allen - 24 Tackles, 1 Interception
- George Karlaftis- 20 Tackles, 3.5 TFL, 1.5 Sacks, 4 Pass Deflections, 2 FF
- Jalen Graham - 19 Tackles, 3 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 FF
- Branson Deen - 11 Tackles, 4.5 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 FF
- DeMarcus Mitchell - 11 Tackles, 1.5 Sacks
- Lawrench Johnson - 13 Tackles, 2.5 TFL, 1 Sack
Proof is in the pudding.
The quarterback situation is still incredibly baffling to me. AOC has 5 interceptions on 18 less pass attempts. 5% of his passes are turnovers and this is not including the couple of strip sacks he has allowed as well, partly the offensive line, partly he doesn’t move well in the pocket and extend plays.
I will die on the hill that Jack Plummer should be our starting quarterback. Numbers don’t lie and our offense was better with him in.
King Doerue is doing a solid job when given the ball averaging over 4 yards per carry. Of course, our receivers are always the highlight. David Bell, even with missing a game is on his way to another 1,000 yard season. Milton Wright is playing a nice secondary role, as long as his drops stop, he will still remain a big time target.
Both Anthrop and Sheffield have decent volume of catches, but both are under 10 YPC. Would like to see more explosive plays from them, I am aware they are generally the checkdown.
On defense, there is plenty to highlight. I don’t love that a safety is our leading tackler, but Grant is generally in the box anyway. George is obviously our best player. You would love to see better sack numbers, but there is not another dominant pass rusher on the roster, he was being triple teamed vs Minnesota and absolutely mugged.
It is clear that Jalen Graham is our most active linebacker. He seems to be all over the field. Lawrence Johnson and Branson Deen, both Indiana natives, like George have done a great job on the interior for Purdue.