The NFL had all of their cuts this past weekend, making all 32 NFL Teams cut down to 53 players per roster.
Not only that, Practice Squad roles have been filled as well. The Practice Squad appears to be more important than ever this coming season, with the uncertainties that the COVI-19 Pandemic holds.
But, what former Boilermakers are on NFL Rosters still? I am here to let you know.
- Drew Brees - Quarterback, New Orleans Saints, Captain
The future Hall of Fame Quarterback is looking to get another Super Bowl Ring. He has been so close in the last 3 seasons, is this year the year? Retirement is creeping up.
- Ricardo Allen - Defensive Back, Atlanta Falcons, Captain
Riacrdo Allen was named a captain this summer. He has been with the Falcons his entire career and has provided them with solid defensive back play, both at corner and at safety.
- Ja’Whaun Bentley - Linebacker, New England Patriots, Captain
The 3rd year player was named a captain by Coach Belichick. It comes as no surprise as he was named a captain as a sophomore at Purdue. He is all leadership.
- Austin Larkin - Defensive End, Carolina Panthers, Practice Squad
Austin has been on practice squads throughout his career. He is getting closer to an active spot.
- Kawaan Short - Defensive Tackle, Carolina Panthers, Active Roster
The Pro Bowl Defensive Tackle is coming off an injury filled 2019 season. If he can get back to what he was just a couple years ago, the Panthers may get another Pro Bowl Season from him.
- Markus Bailey - Linebacker, Cincinnati Bengals, Active Roster
The rookie who faced so many injuries during his time at Purdue is looking to stay healthy. He has been a nice surprise to the Bengals. When healthy he was always the best defensive player on the field for us.
- Anthony Brown - Cornerback, Dallas Cowboys, Active Roster
Brown is going into another year in which he is slated to be the starting corner for Dallas. He has had a solid NFL career.
- David Blough - Quarterback, Detroit Lions, Practice Squad
After being cut just days ago, the Lions bring David back as their #3 QB. This year it is more important that ever to have a #3 QB that is familiar with the team.
- Brycen Hopkins - Tight End, Los Angeles Rams, Active Roster
Brycen is slated as the 3rd string tight end for the Rams. But, LA always uses at minimum two tight ends in their sets. Coach McVay loves his TEs.
- Raheem Mostert - Running Back, San Francisco 49ers, Active Roster
Finally getting the shot he deserves, Raheem exploded onto the scene in San Fran. He is now slated as the starting RB after negotiating a new contract.
- Dennis Kelly - Offensive Tackle, Tennessee Titans, Active Roster
Dennis is slated to be the Titans starting Right Tackle again. He has had a great NFL Career.
- Ryan Kerrigan - Defensive End/OLB, Washington Football Team, Active Roster
While he only played in 12 games last season, he still recorded 5.5 sacks. With a new defensive scheme can the 31 year old make it to another Pro Bowl as he did in 2017 and 2018?
- David Steinmetz - Offensive Tackle, Washington Football Team, Practice Squad
Dave Steinmetz is looking like a project for Washington. But with his size and mobility he is worth a practice squad spot.