- Purdue @ Illinois - October 31st, 2020 (LETS GET WEIRD!)
- BATTLE FOR THE PURDUE CANNON!
Recent Games vs Illinois:
- 2019 - Illinois 24 Purdue 6
- 2018 - Purdue 46 Illinois 7
- 2017 - Purdue 29 Illinois 10
- All Time Series Illinois 45 Purdue 44 Ties 6
Returning Offensive Starters Illinois:
- Brandon Peters (Quarterback), Josh Imatorbhebhe (Wide Receiver) Vederian Lowe (LT), Kendrick Green (LG), Alex Palczweksi (RT)
Returning Defensive Starters Illinois:
- Sydney Brown (SS), Jake Hansen (OLB), Nate Hobbs (CB), Tony Adams (FS), Owen Carney Jr. (DE)
2019 Season Record:
- 6-7 (Lost Bowl Game)
Purdue Returning Offense:
- Jack Plummer (QB), King Doerue (RB), Amad Anderson Jr. (WR), David Bell (WR), Rondale Moore !!!!!!!!!!! (WR), Grant Hermanns (LT), Sam Garvin (C), Mark Stickford (RG), Eric Miller (RT)
Purdue Returning Defense:
- Jalen Graham (OLB), Anthony Watts (DT), Lorenzo Neal Jr (NT), George Karlaftis (DE), Derrick Barnes (MLB), Jaylan Alexander (MLB), Cory Trice (CB), Dedrick Mackey (CB), Cam Allen (FS)
- 4-8 .... lets not talk about it
- Purdue should have the upper hand in this match up. Illinois doesn’t return a ton of offensive starters, while Purdue is bringing back a somewhat experienced defensive team, even though we are learning a new defense, I like it against Brandon Peters who just isn’t very good.
- My last post did not have the return of Rondale Moore, but BOYS WE HAVE HIM! Rondale is returning which helps against a veteran secondary that Illinois will field. 3 of the 4 in the secondary will be seniors that have played in at least 2 seasons.
- Their defensive line, while older did not make a lot of plays last season. I saw only one returning starter, even with the other 3 being RS Juniors. They don’t worry me all that much, who worries me is Hansen, who forced 7 fumbles last year - that is insane.
- Overall, it is a pretty even match up. Last season, they bullied us a bit after we lost Moore and Sindelar we were trying to find what was going to work. This year in game two, we should pretty much be all systems go against a defense that allowed over 26 points per game last season and an offense that ranked 79th out of 130 FBS teams. Expect Moore and Bell to have good days and maybe we can establish the run against a young LB core.
- Purdue 38 Illinois 24