I had the pleasure of catching up with one of the main contributors of the resurgence of Purdue Basketball, former Purdue Boilermaker point guard and current Purdue Men’s Basketball Graduate Assistant, PJ Thompson! A big thank you to PJ for taking the time out of his day to sit down and do this!
You can watch the full interview below and scroll down for an outline of our discussion!
During this interview, PJ and I discussed:
- How the Purdue Basketball program is functioning amidst the Covid-19 pandemic.
- What his specific role is within the Purdue basketball program as a graduate assistant.
- Why he stopped his playing career and came back to Purdue to pursue a coaching career.
- His experiences playing professionally overseas including riding his bike to games as transportation!
- Having his father as someone he can lean on for advice on getting into coaching.
- What it’s like coaching his little brother in college.
- Reflecting on the massive success he and the team had while playing for the Boilermakers.
- How he was able to become such a great leader on the court while at Purdue and how he has used it in his new role.
- How he learned from fellow former Boilermaker Raphael Davis.
- Will there be a Big Ten “bubble”, similarly to how the NBA conducted their season?
- The impact Coach Matt Painter has had on his life.