Here are some key items I saw with each position group.
- Paul Piferi is up to 230 pounds! The redshirt freshman weighed in as the heaviest Quarterback. He was an all state track runner in High School. Size and Speed, could he see the field?
- Newcomer Austin Burton will wear #17 and Mike Alaimo, the true frosh will wear #1.
- King Doerue put on 10 pounds and is up to 220 pounds. A perfect weight for a starting Big Ten Running Back
- Tirek Murphy will wear #7.
- Rondale Moore was removed from the roster. That was, uh, fast.
- Maliq Carr measured in at 6-5, 230 pounds. He will proved plenty of mismatches for us at wide receiver.
- All American David Bell measured in a 6-2, 205 Pounds
- Jack Cravaack is officially a Tight End and gives us good size at 6-5, 250 Pounds.
- It is a young group with 2 sophomores and 2 RS Freshman, but promising.
- Grad Transfer, Greg Long is officially on the roster. He is set to wear #69. Nice.
- Lots of weight improvement. Hopefully it is good weight and not covid fat like most of us. We appear to have an offensive line that appears it can compete on paper, based on size.
- Viktor Beach is a Medical RS, poor kid can’t stay healthy. Sam Garvin to start at center.
- Lorenzo Neal is up to 325 pounds. Perfect for a 3-4 NT. See Vincent Wilfork.
- Freshman Greg Hudgins was recruited at 230 Pounds. The roster says he is up to 280 Pounds. A solid size for an end in a 3-4 defense.
- Karlaftis is the best defensive end in the Big Ten. Just ask him.
- Grey Shirt Freshman Chase Triplett was recruited at 6-3, 215 Pounds. On the roster he is listed at 6-3, 245 Pounds. He had a good year lifting weights, an in state product.
- 5th year transfer is listed as a LB/DB. Interesting to see the role the tackling machine from UCONN may play.
- A lot of walk ons appear to be at the linebacker position.
- Iowa Transfer and former North Central HS Star, D.J. Johnson is listed at Safety. He played corner and safety at Iowa.
- Still weird to me, 6-3, 270 Pound LB Damarcus Mitchell, a JUCO transfer is listed a safety. I have no idea why.
- Cam Allen who played a lot of safety last season is listed at corner.
- J.D. Dellinger and his brother Edward lead the kicking group.
- Zac Collins and Brooks Cormier will battle it out for punting duties. Both were up and down last season.