Hammer & Rails was joined by the man, the myth, the legend... Purdue President Mitch Daniels! It was such a privilege to chat with the man who oversees the best university in the WORLD. We discussed many topics, headlined by the COVID-19 pandemic and how it impacts Purdue University specifically.
During our interview, President Daniels and I talked about:
- The pain he feels because he cannot be active with the students and their college experience is very stressful at this time.
- How much work has gone into getting Boilermakers back on campus and having some sort of resemblance of “normal.”
- What Purdue can learn from schools that have been shut down after a short time, specifically UNC and Notre Dame.
- Some of the precautions that Purdue has put in place to help protect students and staff on campus going forward.
- The repercussions of not following the “Protect Purdue Pledge” and how it is deemed as serious of a violation as Academic Dishonesty.
- With Big Ten football being canceled this fall, how Purdue and the conference are turning their attention to winter/spring sports.
- Whether or not Daniels would run for President of the United States and why he has not run to this point in his life.
All students need to hear what Daniels has to say in this interview, as he is pleading with them to do all of the right things to preserve the 2020-21 academic year.
You can watch the full interview via the link below!