Another Skype interview with another former Purdue great! Last week Vincent Edwards joined Hammer and Rails to discuss many topics surrounding his career, the COVID-19 pandemic and the drama surrounding the Purdue basketball program. This week we are joined by Danny Anthrop who suited up for the Boilers from 2012-16 and after a brief stint as a pro, became a police officer in his hometown of Lafayette.
During the episode we discussed:
- How the pandemic has affected him as an officer.
- His opinion on if college football will be played in the fall.
- The reasons he wanted to become a police officer and the steps that lead to him making that choice.
- The transformation of the Purdue football program from Danny Hope to Darrell Hazell to now Jeff Brohm.
- How he feels about being apart of a Purdue family with him and each of his two brothers suiting up for the Boilermakers.
- Similarities in football and being a police officer.
- Overcoming adversity after a bad knee injury during his junior season and getting assistance from Robbie Hummel.
You can watch and listen below via YouTube, enjoy and share it with your friends!