I have yet to see a Purdue Football Spring Ball Schedule anywhere but on Cam Allen’s Father’s Twitter Page.
So, here it is!
It appears that practices are about to kick off February the 24th, so only ten days away!
In February, there are 3 dates, the 24th, 26th & 28th.
March is essentially all month long, minus the week of Spring Break that correlates with Purdue’s academic schedule.
April 2nd is the pro day, for prospective Boilers trying to make the NFL or, I guess the XFL now.
Then Saturday April 4th, is the Spring Football Game and it will be here before you know it.
5 Things to Watch for Spring Football:
- What will the defense look like? 3-4? 4-3? 4-2-5? Diaco brings a 3-4 defensive background to Purdue but I think most of us agree that we may not have the personnel for that to work out.
- Quarterback. AOC or Jack Plummer. AOC played well down the stretch and appeared to be more accurate. Will Plummer be healthy from his season ending injury? They both have so many weapons at their disposal.
- Lorenzo Neal Jr. He is back and ready to make an impact. Once upon a time he was though of a day 1 or day 2 selection for the NFL draft. Can he work his way back into that same position during his 5th year as a Boilermaker?
- How will the Offensive Line shake out? Hermanns is the only guaranteed starter in my opinion. Can early enrollee, Gus Hartwig break the rotation this spring?
- Tight End. Is it Payne Durham, Garrett Miller or Kyle Bilodeau. While they are all young, they all have high ceilings. We have a lot to replace with the exit of Brycen Hopkins.