I don’t know why I am doing this.
I guess so you guys can tell me that I am wrong in the comments section.
You know what though, that is okay. tell me what you guys think about my rankings.
Here we go.
- The Ohio State Buckeyes - 4-0 - This an obvious one for me. OSU vs IU was the premier game to date in the Big Ten. Ohio State was at one point up 35 to 7 before completely letting their foot off the gas, letting IU back in it. Loaded with NFL Talent, I am not sure anyone else will have a shot to beat them. Northwestern Defense is good, but not sure their offense can keep up.
- Northwestern Wildcats - 5-0 - The Wildcats are playing impressive football and it is one of those weird Northwestern years. After struggling last season, Coach Fitzgerald has them back on track, mostly on the back of their Top 10 defense. Purdue scoring 20 now seems like a lot of points after the Wildcats just held Wisconsin to 7.
- Indiana Hoosiers - 4-1 - I hate to say it, but Coach Allen has it rolling in Bloomington. They will go on offense as their QB goes. Penix has had injury issues in the past, if he can stay healthy, they may win out. IU has playmakers at wide receiver, but their run game is pretty non existent. The defensive secondary is pretty stout as well.
- Wisconsin Badgers - 2-1 -Wisconsin is hard for me to figure out. They looked great in the season opener and Mertz lit the world on fire. Since then, he has been mediocre at best. They are a young and developing team.
- Iowa Hawkeyes - 3-2 - Since starting 0-2, Iowa has rattled off 3 straight wins and are getting better. The Qb is starting to settle in, but they are winning with the typical, run the ball and play defense. Classic Ferentz.
- Purdue Boilermakers - 2-2 - We should be 3-1, but not going to get into that. Jack Plummer jump started the offense, but the defense has been bad since week 2. Can Bob Diaco get the defense figured out? The special teams have left a lot to be desired as well.
- Maryland Terrapins - 2-1 - Not real sure on these guys. They were playing good football before COVID hit. Can they continue that against IU this Saturday?
- Minnesota Golden Gophers - 2-3 - These jokers should be 1-3. But whatever. P.J. Fleck is the least likeable human on the planet. Their defense is absolute trash, but they have a solid QB, a good RB and a good WR.
- Illinois Fighting Illini - 2-3 - Illinois has won two in a row after starting 0-3. Brandon Peters was back this week and helped lead them to a victory. Lovie’s team is getting better.
- Michigan Wolverines - 2-3 - They really just aren’t good for Michigan standards. QB play is bad, OL play is bad, the defense is bad. I am interested to see if they can improve over the last part of the season.
- Michigan State Spartans - 1-3 - Another team that appears to be in shambles. No real playmakers on either side of the ball and have struggled on offense.
- Nebraska Cornhuskers - 1-3 - Scott Frost. LOL.
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights - 1-4 -They have been much more competitive this year than last season after they went 2-10. Greg Schiano is back in town and trying to change the culture once again.
- Penn State Nittany Lions - 0-5 - I truly have no idea how this is happening. They were top 10 preseason. They have never been 0-5 in their history. How is Franklin still employed?