When you play a lot of freshmen it increases your chances of winning a Big Ten Freshman of the Week Award, and for the third time in four weeks a Purdue player has won that award. This week it is not David Bell, however. It is running back King Doerue.
King Doerue, Purdue
RB, Amarillo, Texas/Tascosa
- Amassed 102 all-purpose yards with 71 yards rushing and 31 yards receiving and recorded one touchdown each rushing and receiving in Purdue’s victory against Nebraska
- Scored on a three-yard reception for Purdue’s first touchdown of the game and added a seven-yard scoring rush with 6:05 left to play to hand the Boilermakers a 24-20 lead
- Had four carries on Purdue’s 12-play, 82-yard game-winning drive late in the fourth quarter
- Claims his first career Freshman of the Week award
- Last Purdue Freshman of the Week: David Bell (Oct. 21, 2019)
Doerue leads Purdue this season with six touchdowns so far, four on the ground and two receiving. He has 476 all purpose yards this season and leads the team in rushing.