Last night, J.J. Weaver announced his top 6 at 10:30.
First and foremost I would like to say God is good, putting me and my family in this position i am in today thank you to all the coaches that have gave me a chance and believe in my hard working talent this is my top 6️⃣ @RivalsDave @SWiltfong247 #15forfreddie pic.twitter.com/33NEKiH2RZ— JJ Weaver (@jjtimeee) August 17, 2018
Purdue was expected to be in his final list and they still remain one of the favorites. According to 247 Sports, they give a 75% chance to Louisville and only 25% chance to Purdue, but I have heard other wise. I would say it is closer to 50/50.
Weaver would give Purdue a 3rd defensive lineman ranked as a 4* or higher for the 2019 class if he decides to become a Boilermaker in the coming months.
With scholarships dwindling for the 2019 class, expect one to stay open for Weaver. He is an instant impact type of guy as a freshman next year.