Another week, another Big Ten Freshman of the Week honor for Rondale Moore. Purdue’s spectacular freshman receiver leads the nation in receptions and for the fourth time this season he has been named the conference Freshman of the Week.
Freshman of the Week
Rondale Moore, Purdue
WR, New Albany, Ind./Trinity
- Caught a career-high 12 receptions for 141 yards and two receiving touchdowns in a 28-21 Purdue victory over Indiana to claim the Old Oaken Bucket
- His 12 catches give him 103 on the season, marking the third time in Big Ten history an individual has had 100 receptions in a single-season
- Stands second all-time in Big Ten history to fellow Boilermaker Chris Daniels (121 in 1999) for receptions in a single-season
- Tallied his seventh game with 100 or more receiving yards on the season, tying the Purdue record for a single-season
- Scored on receiving touchdowns of 56 and 33 yards as Purdue became bowl eligible for the second year in a row
- Earns his fourth career Freshman of the Week award, tied for fifth-most in a single-season in Big Ten history
- Last Purdue Freshman of the Week: Rondale Moore (Oct. 22, 2018)
Later this week Moore will likely be named Freshman of the Year, as anyone else in the conference getting such an award would be a shock. He will also probably be named First Team all-Big Ten.