Last year, for the first time ever, it was a winner-take-all for the Old Oaken Bucket in terms of bowl eligibility. Both teams entered at 5-6 and Purdue was able to end a four-year losing streak to Indiana and gain a surprise bowl bid. If Wisconsin defeats Purdue and Michigan beats Indiana those circumstances will repeat themselves this year.
Today the Big Ten announced its final kickoff times and TV networks for the last week of the regular season and the Old Oaken Bucket will kick off at high noon.
- Nebraska at Iowa, 12:00 pm, FOX (Friday)
- Purdue at Indiana, 12:00 pm, ESPN2
- Michigan at Ohio State, 12:00 pm, FOX
- Illinois at Northwestern, 3:30 pm, BTN
- Maryland at Penn State, 3:30 pm, ABC
- Minnesota at Wisconsin, 3:30 pm, ESPN or ESPN2
- Rutgers at Michigan State, 4:00 pm, FOX
Going up against the East Championship game isn’t fun, but we at least get one of the big ESPN networks for it. Let’s keep the Bucket where it belongs.