clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Purdue Basketball Recruiting: Malik Hall Announcement

New, 107 comments

Will this go our way?

NCAA Basketball: NCAA Tournament-East Regional-Purdue vs Texas Tech Greg M. Cooper-USA TODAY Sports

Will Malik Hall choose to join our loaded 2019 recruiting class?

We will find out in just a couple of hours.

Hall, a 6’7”, 200 Pound, Combo Forward has long been coveted for Coach Painter and our Boilermakers. Starting this recruitment during his sophomore season. Hall attends the same academy that Matt Haarms also went to.

If we go by the almighty crystal ball predictions on 247 sports, they give Michigan State a 78% chance, Purdue 11% and Oregon 11%. Michigan State, per usual, after missing out on their Plan A and Plan B prospects, came in late to the party and offered Malik, which always seems to go their way for some reason.

If we are going off of Twitter tendencies, it seems like he is a MSU lock, with he and his mother both liking a bunch of Michigan State Basketball Tweets, comparative to very few Purdue or Oregon.

Malik would join a class of Isaiah Thompson, Brandon Newman and Mason Gillis, all in state prospects that were recruited by teams all over the nation. I would love for Malik to join this list, but I think the writing is on the wall for this one. We will see at 10 AM.

Here are some highlights of Malik.