The NBA Draft is here! For the second straight season us Purdue fans are interested as we have a likely draftee. Last year it was A.J.Hammons before he eventually ended up in Dallas. This year it is Caleb Swanigan, who is coming off of an All-American season. most projections have Caleb going late first round or early second round.
When: 7 p.m. Thursday, ESPN
Where: Barclays Center, Brooklyn
How to Watch: TV, streaming information
Here are the spots Caleb will most likely be picked:
20. Portland (From Memphis via Denver and Cleveland)
21. Oklahoma City
22. Brooklyn (From Washington)
23. Toronto (From LA Clippers via Milwaukee)
25. Orlando (From Toronto)
26. Portland (From Cleveland)
27. Brooklyn (From Boston)
28. Los Angeles Lakers (From Houston)
29. San Antonio
30. Utah (From Golden State)
31. Atlanta (From Brooklyn)
33. Orlando (From Los Angeles Lakers)
34. Sacramento (From Philadelphia via New Orleans)
36. Philadelphia (From New York via Utah and Toronto)
37. Boston (From Minnesota via Phoenix)
38. Chicago (From Sacramento via Cleveland)
39. Philadelphia (From Dallas)
Of course, there are trade to be had as well. Indiana could end up as a player here if they are able to pull off a trade with the Lakers at No. 28. given these teams, here is what I rate as the best spots for him:
- San Antonio - A team that knows what it is doing, great coaching, and he can slot right into their team-first mentality.
- Boston - A rising team that is always looking for assets and with great coaching.
- Utah - A big drop here, but at least they know what they are doing. It would be somewhat of a homecoming after he lived in Salt Lake City for awhile. Allt he other teams in this area are clueless.
So let’s enjoy the draft!