These two teams are if not mirror images than certainly murky images in a puddle of one another. Both teams pride themselves on their defense and holding their opponents below their scoring average. The Bearcats are possible most famous for their former coach Huggy Bear and his lovely sweatsuits. Oh, and not graduating people. There's that. Yes, I'm generalizing. Yes, that all seems to be in the past, but if I can't mock someone for their past what will I do? Why are we even here?
How close are these teams? Well let's just take a look at a couple stats.
- Both teams shoot 45.3% from the floor
- Teams shoot 40.1% against Purdue and 39% against Cincinnati
- Purdue shoots a red hot 33.5% from three while Cincinnati shoots an abysmal 33.3%
- Purdue shoots a killer 68.5% from the free throw line compared to Cincinnati's laughable 67.4%
- Purdue averages 5.3 blocks per game while Cincinnati averages 5.4
This might be a little bit high of a score, as this is obviously going to be a defensive battle. I think AJ has a big game if we can get the ball into him effectively.