Purdue's second exhibition, the one we can actually talk about, happens on Sunday afternoon as Purdue host the University of Northwestern Ohio. I didn't even know such a place existed, but here we are. As part of an informal preview of what should be an easy win (because there is simply no excuse to lose to a lower division team, especially by 32 points) here are some quickie facts:
University of Northwestern Ohio
- Located in Lima, OH (Very close to the hometown of Dakota Mathias).
- Enrollment of 4,196 (About the size of Ben Davis HS).
- NAIA school in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference.
- Nicknamed the Racers.
- Went 25-8 in 2014-15.
- Won the WHAC at 19-3 for the first time.
- Qualified for the NAIA Division II Tournament, but lost 64-58 to Union College (it is a 32-team tournament) in the first round.
- Already 1-1 on the season before playing at Point park University in West Mifflin, PA tomorrow night.
- Led by 6'4" Junior guard Lawrence Jackson, who is averaging 19.5 points and 4.5 rebounds per game.
- Team is averaging 82.5 points per game so far this year.
- Ranked #17 in the national NAIA Division II poll.
- Josh Scott, a 6' senior point guard, averages 11.5 points and 4 assists per game.
- Team has no players over 6'7".