Unlike last week, we can expect some major shifts in the depth charts this week. Danny Anthrop is very likely done for the season and Frankie Williams, Purdue's top player in the secondary, suffered a concussion and is likely questionable this week. That deprives the Boilers of two of their best players heading into this game against Wisconsin. Here is how the official depth chart looks as of Tuesday:
QB: 1. Austin Appleby 2. Danny Etling
RB: 1. Akeem Hunt 2. Raheem Mostert OR Keyante Green
WR: 1. DeAngelo Yancey 2. Gregory Phillips
WR: 1. Dan Monteroso 2. Cameron Posey
WR: 1. Cameron Posey 2. Dan Monteroso
LT: 1. David Hedelin 2. Cameron Cermin
LG: 1. Jason King 2. Jason Tretter
C: 1. Robert Kugler 2. Cameron Cermin
RG: 1. Jordan Roos 2. Corey Clements
RT: 1. J.J. Prince 2. Cameron Cermin
TE: 1. Gabe Holmes 2. Justin Sinz
DT: 1. Jake Replogle 2. Ryan Watson
NG: 1. Ra'Zahn Howard 2. Ryan Watson
DE: 1. Ryan Russell 2. Evan Panfil
RE: 1. Jalani Phillips 2. Gelen Robinson
MLB: 1. Ja'Whaun Bentley 2. Garrett Hudson
WLB: 1. Danny Ezechukwu 2. Andy James Garcia
SLB: 1. Jimmy Herman 2. Andy James Garcia
CB: 1. Anthony Brown 2. Leroy Clark
SS: 1. Frankie Williams 2. Taylor Richards
FS: 1. Landon Feichter 2. Austin Logan
CB: 1. Leroy Clark 2. Antoine Lewis
Kickoffs: Paul Griggs
Punt Returner: Myles Norwood OR Landon Feichter
- At receiver, I think we're in flux. As of right now Monteroso is listed as a starter, but he had a ton of drops on Saturday. I think you'll see the coaches try to get Posey and Yancey more involved, but they have to be able to get some separation. I would not be surprised to see more Trae Hart and Gregory Phillips. We might even get some Shane Mikesky. Someone had to step up for the loss of Danny Anthrop, so this is an opportunity for a true freshman or an upperclassman like Mikesky.
- Michael Rouse III is removed from the rotation this week at defensive tackle.
- Leroy Clark is now officially listed as the starter at cornerback over 5th year senior Antoine Lewis.
- For now, Williams is still listed as a starter at safety. That may change given his health status.
- Myles Norwood, a redshirt freshman, is listed as the punt returner instead of Williams. He went out for the return on Saturday after Anthrop got hurt, but did not field a kick (it went over his head). Both he and Feichter have never returned a punt.
- We should really give a tip of the hat to our offensive line coach, as he has put together a unit that is absolutely solid now in its rotations. Everyone is back next year too. David Hedelin did a great job on Randy Gregory last week.
- I have no idea how in the hell Gabe Holmes is still listed as the starter at tight end. Does he have picture of coach Hazell in a compromising position? Did Dolapo Macarthy sleep with Hazell's daughter or something? These are the only valid explanations for Holmes continuing to play and Macarthy still sitting on the bench.