This is my last day in Miami, so expect this to be a quick and dirty look at some of the numbers after the Nebraska game:
- On the final kickoff return of the day Raheem Mostert reached 2,127 career kickoff returns at Purdue. That put him two yards past the old all-time record held by Dorien Bryant and into first place all-time in this category. Mostert also holds the single game record in this category with 206 against Wisconsin in 2011. Congrats to Raheem, as that is impressive.
- With 66 yards rushing on Saturday Akeem Hunt reached 1,792 yards rushing for his career and passed Mel Gray for 15th all-time in Purdue history. Duane Purvis (who has an excellent burger named after him at Triple XXX) is up next on the list at 1,802.
- Hunt is also fifth all-time in all-purpose yards at Purdue with 4,285 behind Otis Armstrong (4,601), Mike Alstott (4,710), Kory Sheets (4,944) and Dorien Bryant (6,219).
- With two more interceptions Landon Feichter now has nine for his career, tying him for 10th in school history with Tim Foley, Chris Dishman, and Jamel Coleman. Not bad for a walk-on.
- Feichter also leads the team with 75 tackles, near the top of the Big Ten.
- Frankie Williams, Danny Anthrop, and B.J. Knaufare all now averaging over 12 yards per punt return, but all were hurt to the points that freshman Myles Norwood was out there for the last Nebraska punt.
- Danny Etling and Austin Applby now have roughly equal passing states on the season, and even though we're all singing the praises of Appleby, Etling is still the slightly more efficient passer. Appleby is 82 of 152 for 871 yards and 7 TDs against 6 INTs in 7 games. Etling is 89 of 162 for 800 yards, 6 TDs, and 5 INTs in only five games. It's close, but Appleby's demeanor is a huge difference.
- If Anthrop is done for the season it is a severe blow to the passing offense. Anthrop has 616 of Purdue's 1,671 receiving yards and Justin Sinz (26-218-1) would be Purdue's leading receiver in terms of yardage.
- In all the drops Dan Monteroso finally got his first career reception in his 21st game.