As we come out of the bye week there are some changes on the depth chart for the Northwestern game. Here it is, with notes:
QB: 1. Austin Appleby 2. Danny Etling
RB: 1. Akeem Hunt 2. Raheem Mostert OR Keyante Green
WR: 1. DeAngelo Yancey 2. Gregory Phillips
WR: 1. Cameron Posey2. Shane Mikesky
WR: 1. Trae Hart 2. Myles Norwood
LT: 1. David Hedelin 2. Cameron Cermin
LG: 1. Jason King 2. Jason Tretter
C: 1. Robert Kugler 2. Cameron Cermin
RG: 1. Jordan Roos 2. Corey Clements
RT: 1. J.J. Prince 2. Cameron Cermin
TE: 1. Gabe Holmes 2. Justin Sinz
DT: 1. Jake Replogle 2. Ryan Watson
NG: 1. Ra'Zahn Howard 2. Ryan Watson
DE: 1. Ryan Russell 2. Evan Panfil
RE: 1. Jalani Phillips 2. Gelen Robinson
MLB: 1. Ja'Whaun Bentley 2. Garrett Hudson
WLB: 1. Danny Ezechukwu 2. Andy James Garcia
SLB: 1. Jimmy Herman 2. Andy James Garcia
CB: 1. Anthony Brown 2. Leroy Clark
SS: 1. Frankie Williams 2. Taylor Richards
FS: 1. Landon Feichter 2. Robert Gregory
CB: 1. Leroy Clark 2. Antoine Lewis
Kickoffs: Paul Griggs
Punt Returner: Myles Norwood OR Landon Feichter
Kickoff Returns: Trae Hart and Raheem Mostert
- Welcome back Shane Mikesky. The junior receiver has always been on the fringes of the depth chart, but hasn't been able to break through other than a handful of catches. Due to injuries he is now in the rotation. As a hurdler on the track team he has good speed. I remember seeing him several times in high school and he is a legitimate deep threat.This could be a good development for him going forward.
- Robert Gregory replaces Austin Logan behind Landon Feichter.
- Leroy Clark continues to be in front of Antoine Lewis, meaning only three seniors are now starting on defense.
- Myles Norwood is also now getting more run at receiver due to injuries. Between Norwood, Gregory, and Hart Purdue has three freshmen getting looks.
- Feichter and Norwood are still expected to be on punt returns
- Hart is now officially on kickoff returns along with Mostert. He replaces Hunt, and did a decent job against Wisconsin.