There is a lot going on today even it is the first Selection Sunday since 2006 that Purdue is not really a part of the process:
- The Big Ten Tournament final is in Chicago between Wisconsin and Ohio State
- The conference itself is going for a record eight bids. It likely has six locked, but Minnesota and Iowa could be on the edge. Minnesota probably feels better than Iowa.
- There are also finals in the SEC, Atlantic 10, and ACC, but no one is expected to steal a last minute bid. The field is likely set with all 8 teams today solidly in the field.
- Does Louisville pass Indiana for the spot coming through Indianapolis on the way to the Final Four? If so, expect much wailing a gnashing of teeth in the state.
- Does Miami or Ohio State pass Duke for the fourth No. 1 seed if they win today?
- Does Purdue accept a CBI bid?
So, let's talk about it all here today. I have baby shower duty up in Kokomo, which will likely consist of me parking myself at Buffalo Wild Wings and watching basketball.