The red zone drought Purdue football found itself in for more than a month finally ended Saturday, but that doesn't mean watching the Boilermakers on Saturday's still isn't bad enough to sober up even the most intoxicated Breakfast Clubber. With that in mind, I present to you the rules of the Purdue Football Survival Drinking Game:
- Every time the commentators refer to Purdue Pete or the Boilermaker Special by the wrong name (i.e. Boilermaker Pete), and/or refer to Purdue Pete as Purdue's official mascot.
- Finish your drink every time you see someone on Twitter/Facebook/the comments section or hear someone around you say "The Boilermaker Special is our OFFICIAL mascot" or anything similar.
- Every time the TV crew shows somewhere in Lafayette and passes it off as "Purdue"
- Every time the announcer finds something good to say about Purdue. (i.e. Cheers to NET PUNTING!!) (Credit to @munoz317 for this one)
- Every time Purdue throws a screen pass
- Every time the Purdue QB has pressure before he can even complete his dropback
- Every time a bitter Bears fan mentions John Shoop's time in Chicago
- Every time someone mentions Danny Hope's name
- Every time an opposing fan is shown smiling in Ross-Ade Stadium
- One drink for every point scored against Purdue
- Three drinks for every Purdue field goal
- Every time Rob Henry punts
- Every time Purdue switches QBs
- Every time Coach Hazell's fly sleeveless jacket is shown on TV
- Every Purdue touchdown
- Whenever Purdue enters the Red Zone.
- Every time the opposition finds a wide open receiver on 3rd and five or longer.