Hammer & Rails Ballot - Week 11
|2||Kansas St. Wildcats||1|
|3||Notre Dame Fighting Irish||1|
|4||Alabama Crimson Tide||-3|
|5||Florida St. Seminoles||1|
|9||Texas A&M Aggies||3|
|10||Louisiana Tech Bulldogs||3|
|14||Kent St. Golden Flashes||2|
|15||Rutgers Scarlet Knights||2|
|17||South Carolina Gamecocks||--|
|19||Northern Illinois Huskies||--|
|22||Central Florida Knights||--|
|25||Tulsa Golden Hurricane||--|
|Dropouts: Oregon St. Beavers, Mississippi St. Bulldogs, Toledo Rockets, Ohio Bobcats, San Diego St. Aztecs|
SB Nation BlogPoll College Football Top 25 Rankings "
Let the politics begin!
- With only three eligible unbeatens someone will be very unhappy if things stay as they are. I would say Notre Dame is the mostly likely choice to finish unbeaten, as they have an easy home game and a game against a highly overrated USC team to finish.
- Kansas State is the next choice, with only two games left and the toughest coming at home.
- Oregon is No. 1 for now because of that virtually unstoppable offense. They have three tough games left in Stanford, at rival Oregon State, and a tricky Pac-12 title game on the road against UCLA or again, overrated USC.
- In terms of the one loss teams I think Alabama is the best. They have a joke of a game, Auburn, and then the difficult SEC title game left.
- I wanted to move Texas A&M much higher, but two losses (Florida and LSU) have already established an order for them.
- Louisiana Tech is a big fan of Wisconsin. If the Badgers win the Big Ten title game and don't finish in the top 16 the Bulldogs have a path to the BCS. Also, they absolutely lit up Texas A&M in their only loss.
- Keep an eye on Northern Illinois and Dave Doeren. As well as La Tech and Sonny Dykes.