http://www.purduesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/092813aab.html (can't really hear too well)
1. Kendall had a sprain ankle and behind from a conditioning point of view. At least his shoulder is fine though.
2. Sterling Carter seems to be a real positive to the team - 3s and Ds.
3. With Carter and Bryson expect a lot of defensive pressure.
4. Jay Simpson went from 283 lb to 247 lb (low 242). Painter said he was great in half-court. Hopefully the weight loss means he can run full court now and could rely on for heavy minutes. Hammons also down from 280 to 250. I think losing weight can really help their stamina and hopefully that translates into production.
5. Hammons doing extra rep in strength training. Another good sign. Last year, I don't think it was necessarily that Hammons and Jay were "lazy" and didn't play hard, but they just didn't have the conditioning to go hard all the time. People don't realize intense running with a 280 lbs body easily wears you down, and when you are tired and can't run, it doesn't matter if you have the world of skills.
5. Jay sounds a lot more confident. Says health close to 100% (vs. just 50% last year)
6. Painter sees no red-shirt. (Looking back, red-shirt hasn't worked for Hart, lil AJ, Hale nor Sandi (except for the late run last year but he left anyway), so one can argue that red-shirting just not working, although my gut feel says Jay will be different and be a great success barring injuries)
7. Love to hear Terone working on his jump shots and explosiveness. I think if he can improve on those two areas he can be All B1G first team.
8. Overall comment - sound like VERY COMPETITIVE and HIGH INTENSITY in this year's team. I like that. And Bryson should get a lot of credit there in bringing that. He sounds like the most promising frosh to contribute right away.
Who is that guy shooting 3s at the corner at the beginning of Painter's video? Is that Bryson? My unofficial count is that he is 3-of-9, and that's with no one guarding him and just taking all the time to launch, not a good sign :-( And is that Hammons practicing pull up jump shots? Hopefully that was just for fun as I don't wanna see those types of shots from him.