Just three weeks from today we'll be getting ready to kick off the 2013 football season, and Jeff McKean of the Boilermaker Business Exchange of Indianapolis, along with Pete Quinn of the Purdue Radio Network is organizing the first Boilermaker Circle Tailgate on Monument Circle in Indianapolis. Here are the details:
· Purdue grads and TV personalities Angela Buchman & Kevin Gregory will emcee the program
· Purdue President Mitch Daniels will address the crowd
· Morgan Burke will say a few words
· Darrell Hazell and the team will participate in the event on the way to Cincy and Coach Hazell and some players will speak
· Leroy Keyes, Mark Herrmann, Bart Burrell, Seth Morales, Rosevelt Colvin, Pete Lougheed, John Standeford and many other former players will be there.
· Kelly Kitchel, Tim Newton and Joe McConnell will all participate
· The Purdue Pep Band, the Purdue Drum, Purdue Pete, Purdue Cheerleaders and the Boilermaker Special will be there
· Sun King Brewery will have a beer garden
· Food vendors and food trucks will be there
· Tricked out Purdue Tailgate Vehicles will be on the Circle
· We will have media coverage
· Thousands of Purdue fans decked out in their Gold and Black.
At the beer garden Sun King will be selling pints of their three delicious house beers, which are some of the best locally produced beers in the city. This all goes down Friday, August 30th, from 11:30-1:30 on the circle.
Another upcoming event is the Purdue Lacrosse alumni Gold Outing on October 11 at the Purdue Golf Course. For $50 you can play 18 holes and be involved int he alumni lacrosse game, all starting at 2 pm. E-Mail email@example.com if interested.
Now, onto the links:
Big Ten Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2013 | AthlonSports.com
It's not easy getting college football coaches to honestly comment on another coach, player or team. Most coaches don't want to give opposing teams billboard material, which is why there is a lot of coach speak or overused cliches used during the year.
The 2013 college football Dumb Memes Preview: 10 arguments we're already sick of - SBNation.com
From the new ejections rule to Johnny Football, it's time to prepare for another college football season filled with yelling.
College football's 2013 national title chase: Who's alive, and who's already eliminated? - SBNation.com
Let's not pretend all 125 college football teams actually have chances to win the BCS National Championship. So how many do have an actual chance? Purdue falls in the Totally alive category based on strength of schedule. Great! Now all we have to do is go 13-0.
Why the Big Ten is the Best Conference in Basketball - BT Powerhouse
Finding beauty in basketball's ugly side.
Big Ten Basketball: The Freshman to Sophomore Jump - The Crimson Quarry
Several teams this coming season are going to be dependent on sophomores to help take them to the next level. What should we expect out of the average Big Ten sophomore?
BCS Top 50: Best of the era, 20-11 | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Dr. Saturday: The 2013 season is the last of the BCS era, an experiment that began in 1998 and proceeded to enrage nearly every college football fan along the way. Despite the flaws in the process, the underlying awesomeness of college football … Continue reading →
Early Purdue-UND Predicto
J Money is calling a Purdue win over Notre Dame. let's hope so.
More Proof That Illinois Is Pretty Much The Perfect School - The Champaign Room
We're smart and we like to party. What more could you want?
An Introduction: The Quest for a Champion -or- How the National Championship Shaped Modern College Football - Off Tackle Empire
A short introduction to a four-part series investigating the drive to define the National Championship and how that changed the look of College Football today.
Husker Hoops Unveils Non-Conference Schedule - Corn Nation
Sweet 16 teams FGCU and Miami highlight the home non-conference slate with trips to Creighton and Cincinnati will provide key road tests for the Huskers.