Here it is, the week 1 blogpoll draft ballot.
- Alabama moves to No. 1. If you completely destroy a top 10 team in week one you have the best win in the country. They're the defending champs until someone pries it from their hands.
- Consequently I dropped Michigan for their virtual no show.
- Ohio gets a nice boost for going into what had to be a tough atmosphere and winning. I don't think Penn State is that good, but credit to them for spoiling the day that a lot of Penn State fans had desperately waited for so they could just talk about football.
- Elsewhere there isn't much because the week was very bland and full of blowouts. Michigan State gets a boost for beating a ranked team too.
- I considered giving Purdue the No. 25 spot, but I will hold off. If we somehow win at ND you're damn right I am putting us in here. We'll have earned it.
B1G 2012 // Week One - Margin Call - Off Tackle Empire
Making the call on all 12 Big Ten teams after week 1.
Miller, Martinez enter Big Ten Player Rankings « Big Ten Network
Kawann Short is listed as the No. 1 defensive player in the Big ten this week.
Big Ten bowl projections: Week 2 - Big Ten Blog - ESPN
One week of games is in the books, and we think we have all the answers. Or not. It's time for bowl projects as we try to look way, way into the future. Purdue is preparing for 17 overtimes in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl (The former Insight Bowl in Phoenix).
Robert Marve's big day leads Purdue in 48-6 win over E. Kentucky
Robert Marve threw for 295 yards and three scores in a 48-6 win over Eastern Kentucky.
|FTC disclosure: This contest is sponsored by Gameday Depot and SB Nation.|
Sandusky Touched Rowdy (I apologize for the name of that entry) arises above the chaos to win this week's Hammer & Rails Pick'em League. As a reward for being either absolutely brilliant or extremely lucky, he or she gets the $10 gift certificate. For the rest of us, remember, you can still get either (1) officially licensed Purdue Boilermakers hoodies, jackets, t-shirts and more at the Hammer and Rails licensed store, or (2) your very own custom tees at the Hammer and Rails custom store.
Sandusky Touched Rowdy, look for a confirmation email with instructions on how to claim your prize. If you don't respond within three business days, the rules require us to award the prize to the next person on the list.
There is still a $50 gift certificate up for grabs to whoever finishes first for the entire season, so keep playing.
This week's top ten and the season top ten are below the jump. You can view the full standings at the Yahoo! group page.