John David Mercer-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
The 21 bowl-eligible undefeated teams once again take up the top 21 spots.
The undefeated teams that can be considered was paired down from 25 to 21 (UTSA might be considered soon, but of their 5-0, four wins are over non-FBS teams), so those 21 take up the top 21 spots with some shifting around as well.
More analysis after the jump:
- I am still trying to figure out how to handle the teams with only one loss, so the last four spots are fluid. I went with Washington (win over a top 10 team this week), Oklahoma (only loss is to a red-hot K-State) and them Miami and Purdue strictly for homeristic reasons.
- LSU drops four spots, mostly because the sleepwalked through a win over Towson.
- South Carolina also drops after struggling with a crappy Kentucky team.
- Georgia drops for not playing a lick of defense against a bad Tennessee team, and that likely puts them more in line with where they should be.
- Ohio, for struggling with a team that even Indiana stopped, gets the infamous last place spot among the unbeatens. They and Louisiana Tech may be the only threats to be BCS busters.