Thank you for the responses. Currently, I have 17 entries. As a Quant, it's my job to look at statistics and the "wisdom of the crowd". Again, here are the survey questions. and the collective wisdom at the bottom:
1. What is the starting lineup in the first REGULAR season game?
2. What is the starting lineup in the first B1G Tourney game?
3. How many total wins?
4. What place we finish in the B1G?
5. Who will be our most productive frosh? ("Most productive" = TOTAL points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks - Turnover)
6. Who will be more productive, Hale or Lawson or Simpson?
7. Who will have a better season, Ronnie Johnson or Lewis Jackson (junior)?
8. Rank the top 3 scorers (points awarded only if you get the ORDER correct)
9. Rank the top 3 rebounders (points awarded only if you get the ORDER correct)
10. Who is the breakout player of the year?
Tie breaker 1: Will there be a red-shirt next season?
Tie breaker 2: Will someone leave the team (whether transfer or dismissal) next season?
Tie breaker 3: As a team, what will be out FT%?
Bonus: What will happen to the "Barlow's scholarship"? a) awarded to a walk-on, b) sign a Class of 2012 4-yr player, c) signed a 5th-year senior (similar to Brandon Wood), d) signed a JUCO, e) other.
1. Everyone expects TJ and DJ to start. AJ (15 votes), Hale / TC (11 votes each) and Sandi (9 votes).
2. Again, TJ and DJ are unanimous. Hammons (14 votes), Hale (10), and AJ/RJ (8 votes each).
3. 22.4 wins, 2.2 std. dev (every time I see std. dev I think back to the engineering school days where 90% of the class has no clue what std. dev is after the professor announced after an exam)
4. 4.6, 1.4 std dev
5. Rapheal Davis gets 8 votes, Hale 6
6. 82% picks Hale
7. 76% picks LewJack
8. If 1st-place = 3 pts, 2nd-place = 2 pts, and 3rd-place = 1 pt, then the top three are TJ (50 pts), DJ (32 pts) and AJ (12 pts)
9. This is wide-open. Hammons (30), Sandi/Hale (21 pts each) and TC (16) make up the top 4.
10. Hale gets 4 votes, but AJ and Rapheal are not far behind with 3 each.
TB1. 76% says redshirt
TB2. 35% says someone leaves
TB3. Avg FT% 69%.
Bonus: JUCO and walk-on both get 6 votes each
Stuff in the FanPosts is entirely at the discretion of those that post them. They do not represent the views of Hammer & Rails, SBNation, or Purdue University in any way.