It seems like many of us are already looking at next season and making predictions, and of course there are lots of disagreement. Some say RJ will be better than LewJack and then others say it is ridiculous. So let's settle this now!
The questions below are deliberately chosen that there is no clear-cut answer (e.g. why bother asking who will be the leading scorer (TJ) or who will sink the most 3-pointers (DJ)). Put it in writing here and I'll personally tally up the total at the end of the season and see who wins the first annual "Best Boiler Basketball Forecaster" award. (And with that title, that person wins a year of bragging right during any basketball dispute here.)
(BTW, I intend to re-post this in late October when we have a better sense of the progress of the players (and God forbid, if there's any injury). Your "official" entry is the last one you submit before the end of October, so feel free to give your answers now and change it in Oct if necessary. There is a bonus question though if you give your answer now.)
1. What is the starting lineup in the first REGULAR season game? (each correct player = 0.2 point)
2. What is the starting lineup in the first B1G Tourney game? (each correct player = 0.2 point)
3. How many total wins?
4. What place we finish in the B1G?
5. Who will be our most productive frosh? (To make it objective, define "most productive" as TOTAL points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks - Turnover; and yes, Hale is also considered a frosh despite being 40 yrs old)
6. Who will be more productive, Hale or Lawson or Simpson (same definition, productive = TOTAL points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks - Turnover)
7. Who will have a better season, Ronnie Johnson or Lewis Jackson? (As a more equal comparison, let's use LewJack's JUNIOR season in which he avg 8 pts, 3 rebs, 4 asts. Again, "better" is defined as TOTAL points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks - Turnovers.
8. Rank the top 3 scorers (points awarded only if you get the ORDER correct)
9. Rank the top 3 rebounders (points awarded only if you get the ORDER correct)
10. Who is the breakout player of the year? (This is a bit subjective, but I think each year there seems to be a consensus. For example, Ryne Smith in 2010-11 and DJ Byrd in 2011-12. Also, a freshman can be included too, but there needs to be a surprise element beyond his rating, so for example, Trey Burke will win it in Michigan but Oladipo will win over Cody Zeller in Indiana b/c Zeller comes in as baby Jesus to the folks in Bloomington despite AAMB Boiler pretty much shattered that myth)
(The next three questions are used for tie-breaker)
Tie breaker 1: Will there be a red-shirt next season?
Tie breaker 2: Will someone leave the team (whether transfer or dismissal) next season?
Tie breaker 3: As a team, what will be out FT%?
(Since we should know the answer to the following question by October, this is a bonus question for those who answers correctly now)
Bonus: What will happen to the "Barlow's scholarship"? a) awarded to a walk-on, b) sign a Class of 2012 4-yr player, c) signed a 5th-year senior (similar to Brandon Wood), d) signed a JUCO, e) other.
Stuff in the FanPosts is entirely at the discretion of those that post them. They do not represent the views of Hammer & Rails, SBNation, or Purdue University in any way.