This season we play our best basketball in Feb/Mar. What would you attribute as the most important factor? How would you rank them?
Here are some factors I can think of:
1. Hummel and LewJack finally able to practice consistently (how do they do get healthier mid-season is beyond me, but thanks the medical staff)
2. Byrd finally becoming a legit sniper, much like Ryno a year ago, which allows us to stretch the defense
3. TJ's increased confidence in attacking the rim and hitting >50% FT (vs. <30% early on), giving us a legit attack option
4. Barlow's dismissal (sends a msg to the team that CMP means business!)
5. CMP trimming the rotation
6. Getting outplayed by IU at home finally woke up the players
As a corollary, why did we play the worst basketball in Mar in 2011? Is it only b/c of Barlow? Or is there sth more to it?