We find ourselves in a pretty good recruiting situation I feel like. First let's look at some of the facts:
- We have locked up a lot of high major talent for the 2012 and 2013 classes.
- The guys we have locked up seem to have really bought in to the "Purdue system".
Now this will help us out dramatically in recruiting in a variety of ways I think as the program goes forward. How I think it will help:
- Painter only has to recruit players for one class, 2014, rather than try and plug holes in a variety of classes.
- Our 2012 and 2013 classes seem to have guys with likable personalities. In essence, instead of just the coaches recruiting, we now have 7 more guys putting in a good word for our program.
- I think players want to play with other guys they know so this is becoming a big deal in the world of recruiting. If you need an example just look at Zeller and Indiana Elite. The sooner we say who will be here, the sooner their AAU buddies will start to consider us.
- We know what type of players we will "need". More than likely big bodies to complement the wings from 2013.
- Time. We have plenty of time so Painter has the chance to be the first person in these 2014 guys' ears. We won't get all of them, but we are a program desperate for that one player to push us over the top.