Back in March, I've conducted a poll about this new season. If you've missed it, or if you want to submit a new entry based on the latest info, pls feel free to do so.
With 5 new comers and no established "stars," this season has the most unknowns, and thus the most fun in guessing. Fans keep arguing and here's one way to determine definitively and objectively who makes a better prediction. The questions here are all designed to be quantifiable such that we don't end up arguing who's "better."
I'll take entries up to the tip-off of the first EXHIBITION game. The reason is, seeing who starts in the exhibition game (or who plays well in it) gives a strong advantage in guessing who will start in the first REGULAR season game, and I want to be fair to those who submitted their answers in March.
Here are the questions:
1. What is the starting lineup in the first REGULAR season game? (each correct player = 0.2 point)
2. What is the starting lineup in the first B1G Tourney game? (each correct player = 0.2 point)
3. How many total wins?
4. What place we finish in the B1G?
5. Who will be our most productive frosh? (To make it objective, define "most productive" as TOTAL points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks - Turnover; and yes, Hale is also considered a frosh despite being 40 yrs old)
6. Who will be more productive, Hale or Lawson or
Simpson Davis (same definition, productive = TOTAL points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks - Turnover; back in March, the comparison was the 3 young PFs, but given the recent news on Simpson's conditioning, I'm changing it to Davis here to make it more meaningful)
7. Who will have a better season, Ronnie Johnson or Lewis Jackson? (As a more equal comparison, let's use LewJack's JUNIOR season in which he avg 8 pts, 3 rebs, 4 asts. Again, "better" is defined as TOTAL points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks - Turnovers.
8. Rank the top 3 scorers (points awarded only if you get the ORDER correct)
9. Rank the top 3 rebounders (points awarded only if you get the ORDER correct)
10. Who is the breakout player of the year? (This is a bit subjective, but I think each year there seems to be a consensus. For example, Ryne Smith in 2010-11 and DJ Byrd in 2011-12. Also, a freshman can be included too, but there needs to be a surprise element beyond his rating, so for example, Trey Burke will win it in Michigan but Oladipo will win over Cody Zeller in Indiana b/c Zeller comes in as baby Jesus to the folks in Bloomington despite AAMB Boiler pretty much shattered that myth)
(The next three questions are used for tie-breaker)
Tie breaker 1: Will there be a red-shirt next season?
Tie breaker 2: Will someone leave the team (whether transfer or dismissal) next season?
Tie breaker 3: As a team, what will be our FT%?
Stuff in the FanPosts is entirely at the discretion of those that post them. They do not represent the views of Hammer & Rails, SBNation, or Purdue University in any way.