1. Painter on Hummel, "He looked like he had good lateral movement and good spring..."
2. Anthony Johnson (avg 9 ppg on his European trip) seems to be embracing the Purdue basketball concept, "My No. 1 thing was to represent Purdue well...Every possession, I played hard. I wasn't worried about offense. I did attack the rim if my shot wasn't falling like I wanted it to."
3. Travis Carroll (avg 8-and-5 on his European trip) and Ryne Smith: "Each morning this summer, Carroll and Smith worked on fundamentals: Smith feeding Carroll in the post, and Carroll screening for shooting guard Smith."
Lastly, with football:
4. Appleby: His surgical knee has been test by doctors and it's actually stronger than his non-surgical knee
1. Painter on Lawson, "He didn't look like he had the same spring to him as when I watched him in high school..."
Thankfully, only one bad, and Painter tried to spin it by saying that it's actually good considering Lawson's only be cleared to play a month ago. But at this point, I have to wonder if it is better for Lawson to redshirt this year, considering his skill is still raw, and his once mighty athletic ability is not back to full strength?
Lastly, just hope that we can go through an entire year without another torn ACLs or season-ending injury. Pleeeeaaase, it's about time these bad breaks revert to the mean.