Last night assured we won't be appearing in this for a long time, but it's still fun to watch other college football teams.
Here is my explanation:
- My undefeated rule is now in effect. If you're undefeated, you're ranked ahead of all one loss teams. Have a problem with it? Don't lose. It's that simple. As we have seen in past seasons this sorts itself out over time.
- That rule brings Houston, Texas Tech, and Texas into the poll with big jumps.
- I continue to see Oregon as the best one loss team, as their one loss is to my #1 team.
- I seriously considered moving Wisconsin to #1 after they pantsed Nebraska, but LSU's overall profile is still better.
- I considered moving Notre Dame into the poll, but they have two losses and right now there are too many good one loss teams. Good team, but they are still flawed and their most convincing victory was over a team that played, quite frankly, awful.
- Texas A&M drops out after blowing another high profile game. It won't get any easier in the SEC guys.
- On a Purdue note, I still think we can beat Minnesota, Penn State, Indiana, and Ohio State, but only if we actually grow some balls and try find an identity on offense. So, we win two of those at most because our ability to win right now is based more on the opposition screwing up than us doing anything.